Forum Discussion

Peter10
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

sales invoice with 3 decimal places

I have a sales invoice which was imported from another source years ago but it was imported and calculated the total sales invoice with 3 decimal places. So now I have an amount of $0.003 outstanding on ths customer. Has anyone got any ideas how I can clear and apply to the invoice please

• Hi Peter10 

I just wanted to check in and see how the datafile repair went for you and to ensure that the discrepancies have been corrected in your company file. Please let me know if there is anything else you may need assistance with.

If my assistance has helped solve your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution' to assist other users in finding this information mroe quickly.

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Emily_B
    Former Staff

Hello Peter10 

If you click on the blue arrow to enter the Tax field, (you'll get an arrow about changing the tax affecting BAS, click OK), in the 'Tax' column on the far right, see if you can edit out the last decimal place. I was able to edit this tax figure manually, changing it from the original $2,108.21 calculated to $2,108.55, so this may be as simple as deleting that .XX3 from the tax calculation which would in turn remove it from the balance owed. I was unable to test this in my own software though, as I couldn't trick it into adding that third decimal place. 

Please give this a go and let me know if it works.

Peter10
      Contributing User

Hi Emily

Thank you for responding, sadly no, this is not a fix, I tried this before without success. The transaction is very old May 2018 and year end processes etc of course been completed. I can't undertstand how MYOB would allow this in the first place

Hopefully you or someone else might have a fix for me

Thank you once again

Emily_B
        Former Staff

Hello Peter10 

Thanks for letting me know, just to confirm the process of what has happened: this transaction is from May 2018 from another source, it was for $23,190.34 and it was paid for $23,190.34. When you imported this transaction into AccountRight, the GST was calculated as $2,108.213 instead of $2,108.21, resulting in .003 out of balance on this invoice? Additionally, could you let me know what source you imported the transaction from and if there is any chance it was manually edited in error during the import process? As I am not finding any other examples of this happening I will need to investigate further but just want to confirm I understand the timeline of what has happened.