Forum Discussion

contourlawn
Experienced Cover User
10 months ago

Security Breach

A client informed me today that by clicking the link from the email in the invoice took him to someone else's invoice. When I opened the link provided by myob to pdf it opened an invoice to an invoice from September last year of someone I've never seen before. It had the name, address, phone number, the services provided, how much and that it was paid. This seems like a fairly major stuff up. My client was extremely concerned about their personal details as was I. Has details of my clients gone elsewhere, are my details being used elsewhere? I tried calling because I thought it fairly major but there's no way of telling myob if something major happens. A lot could go wrong if smcinsiderable time goes by before intervention. Creating a link from someone's computer to myob feels like it should secured better. Not sure why we can't just send the pdf like it used to be? Why do we have to be connected to myob after the email is sent. Anyway, I've sent my details and hoping this will speed up the situation. 

Anyone else feel myob are having a laugh? I mean I saw an add with them partying like they were taking the **bleep**. 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi contourlawn , I agree this is a very serious issue.  There have been several instances of this issue posted to this and another partner forum.  MYOB have stated that a fix will be introduced in the next release in about a week's time. 

contourlawn
    Experienced Cover User

It's been nearly 24hrs since I sent an email using there contact system with the headline security breach and no reply. This is not good. 
    I get the feeling they aren't taking security seriously. 

contourlawn
        Experienced Cover User

No. They've stated some software fixes at their end. 
        I was sent an email explaining how to write an invoice and send it but since I've been with them for 7 years I already know this so found it a little patronising.

So I explained again that I had access to an unknown invoice and said they'd bump it up to security. 
        it's been 1 month and still hasn't been resolved as to what I should do. 

contourlawn
    Experienced Cover User

Everything seems to be automated without support. 
    I've still got no response to my email about security breach just an automated no reply email asking me to click the solution found box so they can go about their business with their head up their backsides.