Forum Discussion

TC1808
Experienced User
4 days ago

Secure invoicing

I've just received an email about MYOB's secure invoicing upgrade which will add "multiple layers of security for a business"

The email states that there will be "no change to your base subscription price" BUT the fine print at the bottom of the email states that "fees will apply of $0.25 per transaction +1.8% of total invoice" if we choose to share invoices via email, copy a link or SMS directly from the MYOB platform.

What if we don't want the added security feature? Are we going to lose the ability to use email/links/SMS?

So, if we are forced to take the secure invoice upgrade, then MYOB will be making money from us every time we choose to share an invoice with our customers using email/links/SMS! Are you serious MYOB!!!

• Thank you for putting forward this question.  I too would like to know.

We're a small business who cannot afford to alienate any of our clients by charging fees.

But if MYOB goes ahead and makes it mandatory to upgrade, then we'll just have to print the invoices and send them through our own email system.  

Come on MYOB, support the smaller businesses.

AmandaCL
    MYOB Moderator

Hey TC1808

Thanks for your question about the secure invoicing upgrade. 

There are no fees associated with sending invoices, and the upgrade is free with no change to your subscription price. 

Regarding transaction fees, they do apply if a customer chooses to pay using a secure online payment method (e.g. PayPal). After upgrading, fees are passed on to your customers by default – however you can adjust these settings to suit your needs, and your customers don’t have to pay using one of these methods.

You can continue to create and download invoices before upgrading, but you won’t be able to share them via the secure MYOB system after the cut-off date referenced in your upgrade email. Specifically, this refers to the email, copy link or SMS options available within the platform. Upgrading is required if you’d like to offer your customers a secure end-to-end invoicing experience.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers, Amanda.