Forum Discussion

WendyE
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Payroll Security Breach

Why does MYOB allow ANY USER with limited access of banking allows staff to access everyones payroll information?    Bookkeepers/staff who reconcile bank accounts or prepare bank deposits etc should see a "whole figure" and not be able to click (on the little arrow) to drill down on that bank transfer figure & see everyone's private individual payroll details/amounts. 

This has been brought to MYOB's attention previously but yet nothing has been done about it!  Why!

MYOB please respond on how we can keep our payroll figures secure from prying eyes!

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi WendyE 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. The way the restrictions on User Roles work is by controlling access to windows and functions in AccountRight. So when you have Reconcile Accounts and Prepare Electronic Payments ticked, which is are functions used by both Banking and Payroll, it means that whoever has access to that function can see both types of transactions.

I can see that this is not ideal, so I've passed on your feedback to the relevant team for possible future enhancement.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.