Forum Discussion

10 months ago

Ship Via - to associate with Ship to Customer, not Bill to Customer

Our current Invoice Form pulls the 'Ship Via' field based on the 'Bill to' customer.  How do we change so it pulls back the 'Ship To' customer's Ship Via field.  Appreciate any guidance on this.  TIA!

• Hi Airv888

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. 

Regarding your inquiry, if you want to change back from "Ship Via" to "Ship To" in MYOB AccountRight, you can adjust this setting in your invoice form. To do this you may go to your existing invoice or create a new one >> go to customize form or edit form on the invoice screen >> Within the customization options, locate the fields related to "Ship To" and "Ship Via." You might find these under the header or details section of the form. You may now change the labels or fill in the name as needed. Then save the changes after making the adjustments. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth

• Hi Leneth, thank you for your answer.

I may have not worded my question properly.  My issue isnt that I can't set a Bill-to and Ship-to customer.  My issues is the 'Ship Via' field.

I currently have properly set up both the Bill to and Ship to customer.  Both appear correctly on the invoice.  The issue I am having is that both the Bill-to and Ship-to have different Shipping Methods.  One is 'Overnight' and the other is '3 Business Days'.

The invoice can bring back the 'Ship Via' but it's currently default to the Bill To Customer.  My question is how do I bring back the 'Ship Via' that is associated with the Ship To customer instead.

Thank you.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Airv888,

Thank you for your post and my apologies for the late response. Just a note on the addresses displayed on invoices: there are two fields involved. The first is the Bill To (Mailing Address), linked to Address 1: Bill to in the customer card. The second is the Ship To (Shipping Address), connected to Address 2: Ship To in the customer card.

When recording a sale, the Customer field refers to the Address 1: Bill To from the card. To modify this address, you'd need to adjust the Address 1 field in the customer card. Notably, using the dropdown box only affects the Ship To field, not the Bill To field.

Please see attached: 

This article on form fields could be beneficial as it explains the distinctions between them. Fields and columns you can add to forms

Please do let us know how you go on this.
        Regards,
        Earl

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Airv888 , If you are using AccountRight desktop then I suggest setting the ship-to customer as a separate card, then when you create an invoice for the billing custoemer, select the ship-to customer as the delivery address (click the drop-down, then "Select another card...").

Then that customer's address will appear in the ship to field on the invoice. 

I believe this option is not yet available in the browser.

Airv888

Hi Mike, thank you for your answer.

I may have not worded my question properly.  My issue isnt that I can't set a Bill-to and Ship-to customer.  My issues is the 'Ship Via' field.

I currently have properly set up both the Bill to and Ship to customer.  Both appear correctly on the invoice.  The issue I am having is that both the Bill-to and Ship-to have different Shipping Methods.  One is 'Overnight' and the other is '3 Business Days'.

The invoice can bring back the 'Ship Via' but it's currently default to the Bill To Customer.  My question is how do I bring back the 'Ship Via' that is associated with the Ship To customer instead.

Thank you.

lyndor
    Experienced Cover User

so was there a response to this? can you put the ship via catagory on the online invioce?

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi lyndor

I see you're having the same issue. From what I know, the shipping method should default to what's set in the customer's selling details, whether you're using the "ship to" or "bill to" option. For more info, you can check out this other thread.

If you need any more help, feel free to start a new thread anytime!

Thanks,
      Genreve

lyndor
        Experienced Cover User

I use the ship via to put in a delivery docket number ( not part of myob ), I see on the online version you have no where to input this.  So I assume no one has the capability to apply the ship via field?