Forum Discussion

Jodie12
Contributing User
12 months ago

Statement Ageing Incorrect

I have a client where aging isn't working when a part payment of an invoice has happened.

Client payment terms are the 30th day after the end of the month e.g. an invoice raised 1st May or 31st May both have a due date of 30th June.

Statement for July shows ageing Pre-May Overdue, May Overdue, June Overdue, Current. The only invoices outstanding are for May, June & July, therefore there should only be balances in May, June and Current. 

The client has received a part payment on invoice from 2nd May and this one invoice is now showing as Pre-May Overdue although it wasn't due for payment until June.

Is it is the part payment causing the issue? Has anyone had this occur and been able to fix it?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

HI Jodie12 

Thanks for your post. 

Aging customers are determined by two factors, the payment terms on the card and the Statement Date in the Print/Email statements window. Based on your credit terms of payment due 30 days after the end of the month. If you selected the statement date 30/5 the due date will move into 30 days as it was due in July. current is May and June. I hope this clarifies the issue. You can check on our Help Article: Credit Terms, this contains more information that can help you and serves as your reference. 

Let me know if you need further assistance with this. I am happy to assist you. 

Thanks, 

Cel