Forum Discussion

Kal-HerEn
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Supplier Card History

Hi all

Just trying to look through the commuity as I have a query in regards to definite incorrect history for a supplier.

I have found a similar situation with this post which was replied to, so I am hoping that moderators recall what the resolution might have been for the other person. Please find attached thread of conversation from previous person:

Achskirt01 in May 2019 "We often have purchase orders that are specials and we use a special code to put these in.  Generally the next purchase order we put through with that same code uses the same price. That is ok as we change the price to the correct price when we check the supplier's invoice. 

When you look in the supplier card file and go to the history you can view your monthly/yearly total purchases.  In this particular case, and I haven't gone back to check any other suppliers card files, the value shown for January 2019 is $92,699.10 - which I knew instantly was incorrect as we do not spend that much with this company, our total purchases for the month was actually $3911.52 + GST.

My investigations show that:

We put a purchase order in and the value was shown as $100,657.26 when it was we recorded,

due to the above explanation.  

The price was updated to the actual supplier invoice and the total was $2,984.75, however this has not updated the card file history properley.  The account has been paid.  How can I fix this."

Our situation is quite similar.

We have just identified that a supplier has a history of a sale in Nov 2020 for $11,111,139,631.00. (Obviously incorrect  - otherwise I am taking up that career for a living!! haha). I have had a look at the contact log of transactions and the invoice has been entered as $12,222,253,594.10 incl GST, then amended/updated to $31,372.00 and then finally to $30,382.00.

The invoice was paid three days later as $30,382.00 (which is the correct invoice amount).

We have our system set so that we can go back and amend invoices, which is fine, but I am just a bit confused as to why the history would state that purchases for that month would be the $11 billion figure, when the invoice has been amended, updated and then paid as the correct amount?

Does this mean that ALL histories for suppliers would be incorrect if we have ever gone in and amended an invoice for any reason, or it just a glitch in the system? Hoping you can help to fix.

• Hi Kal-HerEn 

Thanks for your post. So that I can investigate this further, could you please send me a Private Message with your serial number, company data file ID and a screenshot of the history and invoice (you can use a snipping tool such as Windoys-key+shift+S if you use Windows 10 to send me pictures). 

As soon as I have received this I will be able to look into this for you.

Solved this by sending file in for Datafile Repair.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Kal-HerEn 

Thanks for your post. So that I can investigate this further, could you please send me a Private Message with your serial number, company data file ID and a screenshot of the history and invoice (you can use a snipping tool such as Windoys-key+shift+S if you use Windows 10 to send me pictures). 

As soon as I have received this I will be able to look into this for you.

Solved this by sending file in for Datafile Repair.

Kal-HerEn
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks Yanike_S

I have sent you a Private Message.

Regards