Contributing User
11 months ago

Transfer of subscription to new owner

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PhilM50 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

If it is a situation where those company files are being moved from one serial number to another serial number, you want to change the serial number in the company file. This can be done by opening the file and going to Help>>Change Serial Number. This would allow you to change the serial number in the company file so it can be brought across to that new serial number. Please note that Depending on whether Live services (bank feeds, cloud access, pay superannuation, payroll reporting) have been activated in that file would depend on whether that Help>>Change Serial Number would be available. 

If you still have questions or need any further assistance, let me know and I am happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

PhilM50
      Contributing User

Thank you.

Yes I know where the change in serial number is but because I have Bank Feeds and STP Payroll linked, it is greyed out and I cannot do it.

I am trying to contact MYOB by phone but it just sits on an answering service, they won't pick up the call.

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi PhilM50 

Thank you for getting back to us and provide an update on your issue. 

I understand that you wanted to change the serial number because you need to transfer it to the new owner, As a Live Services are tied to the serial number that Change Serial number option maybe grayed out and not able to be selected, if you have used those services on the company file like what you mentioned it has bank feed and STP payroll linked. And if the company file is in cloud. 

We recommend to take a back up of the file (file>>Backup). Once completed restore that file locally (File>>Restore>>Restore in a library on my computer) before attempting to select that option. If other Live services have been used on that file we may have to look at getting that company file sent in so we can manually remove that serial number. Do let us know if that the case and we go down that path. 

Let me know how it goes and if you need further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist. 

Cheers, 

Cel