Forum Discussion

juliemac1
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Work in Progress - Accurate report as at EOM

I wish to obtain an accurate WIP as at the end of each month.  When you run the Activity Slip (Activity Detail) report - Slip Status WIP only, this is not giving the correct figures as at the date of...
    3 years ago

Hi juliemac1 

Sorry to see that no one has offered assistance with your query

The Activity Slip [Activity Detial] report will showcase all the activity slips based on the filters that you do select based on the current information in the file. The date filter is the date on which to bring up the activity slips.

As such, if you have invoiced out work/removed it from the Work in progress with a future dated transaction it would be filtered out if the Slip Status filter is set to be Work in Progress only. This is due to the fact that the data in the current file has already been marked as actioned (regardless of when it was invoiced out).

The only way I can think in the current software to get that actual work in progress value when you have invoiced out at a later date would be to not invoice it out until you have completed those reports i.e. generate the reports and then invoice them out. Others in the MYOB Community may have some other suggestions but that is the only way I could think you could achieve it.