Forum Discussion

sandraa1
Contributing User
4 months ago
Solved

MYOB Payroll reporting for pay run is not accurate

I have just processed this week's pay run and the reporting is not accurate for the time period  (report - Payroll Activity) - it is still showing last pay run data.  I have refreshed many times and it won't update with the correct information.  I think this must be a glitch but it is frustrating that no one is available at MYOB at the weekends.

• Hi sandraa1 

Take a close look at the dates. The key date is the Payment date. So if your payroll period is from 22 Jan to 28 Jan payable on 29 Jan, for Payroll Activity Report set dates 29 Jan 2024 to 29 Jan 2024. If you set as 22 Jan 2024 to 28 Jan 2024, this will show last week's pay (paid on 22 Jan)

Regards

Gavin

3 Replies

• Hi sandraa1 

Take a close look at the dates. The key date is the Payment date. So if your payroll period is from 22 Jan to 28 Jan payable on 29 Jan, for Payroll Activity Report set dates 29 Jan 2024 to 29 Jan 2024. If you set as 22 Jan 2024 to 28 Jan 2024, this will show last week's pay (paid on 22 Jan)

Regards

Gavin

sandraa1
      Contributing User

Thanks Gavin, that works.  I don't know though how I have been using this report for the actual payroll period for the last couple of years until today without issue...  I had better do an audit and make sure everyone is correctly paid.

sandraa1
        Contributing User

Initial checks - all pays look accurate, so not sure why today this report didn't work as I have been using it.  However, thanks Gavin - I will use the payment date from now on.