Forum Discussion

ChrisyJones
Trusted Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

ABN Employees

I just realised that the employees who work under their ABN no longer has an area for entering the ABN number?  How do we now log this information as the we need this information on print outs?

Theresa_D
    5 years ago

Hi Chrisy,

It sounds like you’ve moved from one software to another, which doesn’t have this same selection. AccountRight simply dictates whether to send payroll info to the ATO.  So the ABN is only relevant if you need to include this in your payments in the Taxable Payments Report.  See Reporting Taxable Payments (Aus) for reference. If you need to produce a TPAR, then you’ll need to create a Supplier Card, instructions in Adding a Supplier.

If you would like to include an ABN for the employee for your records, but do not need it for reportable taxable payments, then you can enter this in the ‘Notes’ section of the ‘Card details’.  If you need to identify the employee as Labour hire, this selection can be made by going to Employee Card > Payroll Details > Personal Details > Employment Basis: Labour Hire

I hope this clarifies. If this answers your inquiry please mark “Accept as Solution”. Keep me posted!

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi ChrisyJones 

Thanks for your post.  I'll link you to a similar post ABN contractors in the event that those details relate to your situaiton as well.  If you just need this number to show up on your printed forms then you can add this by personaising forms in AR. Also see Fields and columns you can add to forms.  

I hope this helps.  If this answers your inquiry please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this content. Let me know how you go with this. 

ChrisyJones
      Trusted Cover User

I mainly need to know how to enter the ABN number in an employee card. Last time we put them in as Other and a new square popped up and we put it there but that is now gone.  Also, to now report the ABN employees they need to be entered as Labour Hire on the card.

Any ideas?

Cheers Chrisy

Theresa_D
        Former Staff

Hi Chrisy,

It sounds like you’ve moved from one software to another, which doesn’t have this same selection. AccountRight simply dictates whether to send payroll info to the ATO.  So the ABN is only relevant if you need to include this in your payments in the Taxable Payments Report.  See Reporting Taxable Payments (Aus) for reference. If you need to produce a TPAR, then you’ll need to create a Supplier Card, instructions in Adding a Supplier.

If you would like to include an ABN for the employee for your records, but do not need it for reportable taxable payments, then you can enter this in the ‘Notes’ section of the ‘Card details’.  If you need to identify the employee as Labour hire, this selection can be made by going to Employee Card > Payroll Details > Personal Details > Employment Basis: Labour Hire

I hope this clarifies. If this answers your inquiry please mark “Accept as Solution”. Keep me posted!