Forum Discussion

newbieCath
Contributing Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

Annual leave accumulating seems incorrect

Hi, I am using MYOB Payroll for our employees and have noticed weird discipancies with the annuall  leave.     When I started from the previous Payroll person she told me to always tick the estima...
    jenniek
    6 years ago

Hi newbieCath 

Correct - you would correct the leave details screen and convert her Hol Pay accrued to annual leave in hours.

Her gross earnings should only be the grossearnings since her anniversary date and then calculate 8% of that and overtype the hol pay accrued amount.

Do you have normal hours per day/ normal days per week entered? (to give her normal hours per week - if this is not entered, then she gets no entitlement which would muck up the leave roll over.

her annual leave entitlement is in hours not $. eg: if you worked out what her average hours per week are and say it worked out at 42 hours per week average, then you would give her an entitlement of 168 hours, then take off what she has taken, leaving her with the balance. The system will work out what the rate is as this can change on a weekly basis depending on when she takes her leave.