Forum Discussion

Shezamac
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Annual leave in Payroll window not allowing correct information

HI

I am disappointed that there doesn't seem to be an option in the Process payroll window to select the dates that an employee is away (in the Leave window). There is only the option to put start date and end date. I work in a business that has a lot of staff who  take indivual dates in a pay period, and I have no way of putting in the actual dates.

Can anyone suggest anything here?

Thank you, Sheryl

• Hi Shezamac 

You need to add the notes section to the Entitlement balance detail report in the Insert/Modify tab>>Show Hide>>highlight Notes and click Show and Ok:

This is not a field that you can add to pay slips.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Shezamac 

In Process Payroll you can track leave dates by clicking on the zoom arrow next to the leave wage category. This opens the Leave Tracking Information window where you can enter the dates and other relevant information. These dates will appear on the Reports>>Payroll>>Entitlement>>Entitlement Balance [Detail] showing what dates the leave was actually taken.

If you don't see the zoom arrow, it is due to the fact that you don't have a linked wages category for the entitlement. You would need to set this up via Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Select the Entitlement tab>>Select the relevant entitlment and set a Linked Wages category. This is the category that you would use to reduce the entitlement for example Holiday Pay to reduce the Holiday annual leave.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Shezamac
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey

No, that's not what I mean.

I have that window, but you can only put date from and to in there.

I often have staff who take a Monday, then a Thursday, then the following Tuesday in any given fortnight, and I am unable to put this information in properly

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Shezamac 

If employees are not taking consecutive days leave you could enter the separate dates in the notes section.

Please let me know if you need further help.