Forum Discussion

Arezoo
User
3 months ago

Approving manager

How will I be able to add one of my employees as " approving Manager" to Myobteam, So that they will be able to create timesheet and approve the timesheets ?

I do not like them to have access to any of the reports or payruns. 

7 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Arezoo

Welcome to our Community Forum. We value your participation here.

To assign an employee as an approving manager, you first need to ensure that an employee card has been created for the intended manager. Once this is established, you can select an approving manager from the 'Locations' tab in the MYOB Team Admin Portal.

Here's a step-by-step guide:

1. Access the MYOB Team Admin Portal.
    2. Navigate to the 'Locations' tab.
    3. Click on the location name where you want to assign the approving manager.
    4. Click on the dropdown under 'Select an Approving Manager'.
    5. Select the intended manager from the list.
    6. Click 'Add and Invite'.

For a more detailed guide to this process, I recommend going through the article 'Using the MYOB Team Admin Portal'.

Please let us know if you need further assistance with this.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

Arezoo
      User

Thanks for your reply.

I have done all the steps and been ble to add the approving manager.

Approving manager can not creat roster and has access to approving timesheets without giving them a user access.

Am I right? 

And if I am going to give them a any kind of user access the approving manager will have access to the other staff payroll data.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Arezoo,

Thanks for your response.

In addition to the information and steps provided, approving managers can only approve timesheets. MYOB Team Admin is the one who has access to the other features of the MYOB Team Admin portal, such as rosters, creating timesheets on behalf of the employees, and creating locations. If you are to provide them with other access aside from being the approving manager, they will have access to other employee's dates as well. If you wish to do so, you may need to give them an access to the business file and make sure to tick 'Payroll'. More information regarding this can be found in the Help Article: Edit and delete users.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen