Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Are you making pay corrections?

Hi There,

I just processed a new payroll and i have accidently clicked "Yes, report updated pay run" instead of "No, report new pay run" in the pop up question Are you  making pay corrections? What will be the impact? How to fix it?  

• Hi OMTVB123 

Thanks for your post. Clicking Yes, report updated pay run sends an Update event to the ATO. An Update event only sends the YTD amounts, not the pay period amounts. Clicking No, report a new pay run sends a Pay event which includes both the YTD and pay period amounts.

You can check the event type in the STP reporting centre>>Reports tab by clicking on the report. An Update event will show $0.00 for Gross payments and PAYG Withholding as the pay period amounts are not sent. Click on View Employee YTD report to make sure the correct YTD amounts have been sent. If they have you don't need to do anything else.

As the ATO requires STP reports are sent on or before the payment date you will only get that option when processing pay runs with a payment date in the past.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi OMTVB123 

Thanks for your post. Clicking Yes, report updated pay run sends an Update event to the ATO. An Update event only sends the YTD amounts, not the pay period amounts. Clicking No, report a new pay run sends a Pay event which includes both the YTD and pay period amounts.

You can check the event type in the STP reporting centre>>Reports tab by clicking on the report. An Update event will show $0.00 for Gross payments and PAYG Withholding as the pay period amounts are not sent. Click on View Employee YTD report to make sure the correct YTD amounts have been sent. If they have you don't need to do anything else.

As the ATO requires STP reports are sent on or before the payment date you will only get that option when processing pay runs with a payment date in the past.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.