Forum Discussion

3 days ago

Backpay Lump Sum E Super on overtime

I have a backpay that spans a few financial years. I've set up the Lump Sum E category and the correct financial year STP category for each year affected more than 12 months ago and over the $1200 threshold.

I'm stuck on the super part. Super is payable at the current rates on OTE. There is a mix of OTE and non-OTE in this backpay. I thought I would set up 2 Lump Sum E categories for each year, one with super and one without but it will not let me add more than 1. How do I do this? I want to process the entire backpay in a single payrun

Thank you 

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Lauryn1 ,

Thanks for your post. The option we have here is to use 2 pay items with a lump sum and the reporting categories. Then, exempt one of them from super to prevent the calculation of pay super.

Regards,
    Earl

Lauryn1
      User

Hi Earl,

Thank you for your reply. I thought this too but when I tried it there was an error "a lump sum E pay item for this year already exists. If you need to make a payment related to this financial year use the existing pay item"

Do you know a way around this?

Thanks 

• I found out I can manually edit the super when doing a dummy payrun. This wasn't clear in any instructions but I've been able to do what I need to do. Thanks for your help.