Forum Discussion

Chuncun1
Contributing User
9 months ago
Solved

Can I Access MYOB Accountright while travelling overseas by login my Laptop using the Program?

Hi Everyone, 

In Janurary next year, I will be travelling to China for three weeks. Within that time I need to pay wages, payroll tax and GST. I will take my laptop with me and login MYOB accountright using in house program, and will need to connect with ATO for STP report of course. 

Can anyone tell me if these are available? I need to plan ahead. 

Much appreciate for anyone's help!

• Hi Chuncun1 

I would say to you - don't!!!!!!! - not the way you plan to do it.

Undoubtedly, you will use the internet in China and that will not be without a great deal of risk just before you begin.

Further, if I was your internet provider and your business IT provider I wouldn't allow you to do it - and further often many business lock their ability to logon from overseas.

However, if you are still determined to do it organise a vpn as a minimum to tunnel through the internet to a local machine where you then can safely run MYOB to access your online file.

Running payroll from China would be as risky as you could ever get.

And to add a further level of security - use the vpn to tunnel to a RDP server on which you have a Server version of MYOB setup and hence no need to use your laptop do doing anything else but to logon to the server - which then safely runs MYOB.

The Doc

2 Replies

The_Doc
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Chuncun1 

I would say to you - don't!!!!!!! - not the way you plan to do it.

Undoubtedly, you will use the internet in China and that will not be without a great deal of risk just before you begin.

Further, if I was your internet provider and your business IT provider I wouldn't allow you to do it - and further often many business lock their ability to logon from overseas.

However, if you are still determined to do it organise a vpn as a minimum to tunnel through the internet to a local machine where you then can safely run MYOB to access your online file.

Running payroll from China would be as risky as you could ever get.

And to add a further level of security - use the vpn to tunnel to a RDP server on which you have a Server version of MYOB setup and hence no need to use your laptop do doing anything else but to logon to the server - which then safely runs MYOB.

The Doc

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Chuncun1,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and my apologies for the late response. 

In general, when a file is stored online, it should be accessible from anywhere, provided that the computer has a high-speed internet connection. However, if you are attempting to access an online AccountRight file, it's important to ensure that the computer has a compatible version of AccountRight installed.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl