Forum Discussion

Polly919
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

EOFY Payroll - Gross Wages incorrect whereas all else are correct in YTD Verification

Hi All,

I've found that when running my reports for the EOFY Payroll, the Activity Summary and Register reports match.

Payroll Reporting - YTD verification report shows that our taxes and superannuation are correct, but for four of our ten employees the gross wages are incorrect - with one employee showing a significant difference in gross wages to the amount of $4,369.81.

Payroll Reporting -

YTD verification - $27,003.90

In MYOB it is $31,373.71

The process in the Community to fix errors relating to PAYG withholding exempt issues, mine is the gross wages only.

Is this relating to a possible fix in MYOB, or may I ask whether there are any other factors to take into consideration?

Am finding this rather frustrating : - {

• Hi Polly919 

I'm sorry you are having reconciliation issues. You mentioned your Activity and Register Summary reports match, but do not match the YTD Verification Report in terms of gross payments. Generally when these two reports match but the YTD does not, it does point to a Payroll Category marked PAYG Exempt in error, or the incorrect ATO Reporting Category assigned. 

The reason we can go in this direction based on what you said is because of where these reports pull their information from. Payroll Activity pulls from Process Payroll and Payroll Register gets its figures from the Pay History tab in the Employee Card. Then, the YTD Verification Report takes the same figures from an employee's Pay History and filters those numbers through the ATO Reporting Categories you have set.

To see which category might be causing the discrepancy, you want to run the Payroll Activity Detail report. If you can determine which Payroll Categories you see there equal the sum of what's missing in the YTD Verification Report, you then know which Category to look into for its setup. Refer here to double check which ATO Reporting Category common Payroll Categories should be assigned to, and do double check the PAYG Exempt tick just in case. 

You can then process a $0 pay dated 30/06 to update YTD figures through STP. Have a look through this post and further troubleshooting for more info on report reconciliation. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Emily_B
    Former Staff

Hi Polly919 

I'm sorry you are having reconciliation issues. You mentioned your Activity and Register Summary reports match, but do not match the YTD Verification Report in terms of gross payments. Generally when these two reports match but the YTD does not, it does point to a Payroll Category marked PAYG Exempt in error, or the incorrect ATO Reporting Category assigned. 

The reason we can go in this direction based on what you said is because of where these reports pull their information from. Payroll Activity pulls from Process Payroll and Payroll Register gets its figures from the Pay History tab in the Employee Card. Then, the YTD Verification Report takes the same figures from an employee's Pay History and filters those numbers through the ATO Reporting Categories you have set.

To see which category might be causing the discrepancy, you want to run the Payroll Activity Detail report. If you can determine which Payroll Categories you see there equal the sum of what's missing in the YTD Verification Report, you then know which Category to look into for its setup. Refer here to double check which ATO Reporting Category common Payroll Categories should be assigned to, and do double check the PAYG Exempt tick just in case. 

You can then process a $0 pay dated 30/06 to update YTD figures through STP. Have a look through this post and further troubleshooting for more info on report reconciliation.