Forum Discussion

2 years ago

FY22 Payroll reporting incorrect - MYOB not recognising salary sacrifice

Dear Community

I seem to be unable to get MYOB to recognise Salary Sacrifice deductions (under Section 57A) in the STP2 reporting EOFY Finalisation.  It isn't deducting salary sacrifice from Gross Wages.  
The best solution proposed by the ATO is that it will wipe all FY22 payroll data for the relevant employees and then I complete manual Payment summaries for each employee. All up this process will take about 10 weeks.  The employees are naturally not happy.
Does anyone know how to fix this from the MYOB side of things? I have tried several zero unscheduled payruns and removed termination dates for employees who left during the year.

Thanks

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Vicki_Martin 

You wrote  'It isn't deducting salary sacrifice from Gross Wages. '

It's not meant to. In Phase 2 the Gross Amount is required to be the pre - salary sacrifice gross - check the ATO website if in doubt.

The MYOB reports can be misleading at it will show the pre salary sacrifice gross amount and the salary sacrifice amount as positive numbers. Check the MyGov portal to see what is showing there - the ATO will change the salary sacrifice to a negative. It should be as per image below.

Regards

Gavin

Vicki_Martin
      User

Thank you gavin12345 I appreciate the reply & helpful information.  For some reason, I couldn't access the file you provided.

When I go into mygov to look at my STP submissions, there isn't any evidence of the salary sacrifice amounts so I don't understand how I know if it is interfacing properly.  It only gives me Gross Wages & PAYG.  The PAYG will appear wrong if it is based on Gross Wages rather than Gross wages net of salary sacrifice.

Is there somewhere in mygov to see the whole Financial Year STP reporting rather than just each "pay event"?

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Vicki_Martin 

You need to access your MyGov account and an employee, not the employer. You are likely accessing the ATO's online services for business via your MyGov account, or perhaps your MyGovID.

With MYOB's STP, there is nowhere to see what was actually sent to the ATO, other than the limited information in the Payroll Reporting Centre. They take the 'trust us' to get it right approach. Most other STP providers show the employer the details of every report lodged, and most show this BEFORE you lodge, so you can readily detect and address any errors or mapping issues.

The ATO's Online Services for Business (replacement for Business Portal) simply lists your reports as an acknowledgement of receipt and processing. These show just Gross and PAYG. The Gross shown here should be net of any salary sacrifice.

If you (or one of the employees) access your Income Statement via MyGov, you will see what has been reported for you. If the image above does not display, what is there is an extract from an employee's Income Statement. This shows Gross Amount $24605, Overtime $1264.52, Bonuses $5000, Leave Other $6633.75 and Salary Sacrifice amount -$4600, then Total Gross Amount = $32903.27

Regards

Gavin