Forum Discussion

Ashley5
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

How to amend the wrong payroll transaction

Hi there,

The situation is that last month, the payroll record on MYOB is right, but the wrong extra amount was paid to the employee. If I would like to deduct it from her next payment, how do I fix it? As the payroll information cannot be amended once it was recorded.

Thank you.

Ashley

• Hi Ashley5 

Thanks for your post. You can do a  payroll adjustment after the pay has been recorded, which might be the cleaniest and easiest way to fix this. You would need to reverse the pay and reprocess to include the overpaid amount.

You can then follow the instructions in this help article, Fixing a payroll overpayment, to process an adjustment pay to deduct the overpayment. 

The YTD amounts will be corrected in STP when you process and declare the adjustment pay.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ashley5 

Thanks for your post. You can do a  payroll adjustment after the pay has been recorded, which might be the cleaniest and easiest way to fix this. You would need to reverse the pay and reprocess to include the overpaid amount.

You can then follow the instructions in this help article, Fixing a payroll overpayment, to process an adjustment pay to deduct the overpayment. 

The YTD amounts will be corrected in STP when you process and declare the adjustment pay.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Ashley5
      Experienced User

Thank you Tracey, that really helps