Forum Discussion

MAJackie
Contributing User
11 months ago
Solved

Negative value on employee's Summary of Payments report

I have a negative amount in Paid leave - other on the Summary of Payments report for one of our staff due to him being paid leave in one year, then the employer decided to pay salary for the time off instead of leave so in the next financial year, the leave was converted to salary. How can I reassign the negative amount so the gross payments amount shows correctly please?

• Hi MAJackie 

Kindly check the pay item used for the Annual Leave. Make sure it has the correct ATO Reporting Category. If unsure of the ATO Reporting Category, we recommend speaking with your accountant or financial advisor. If the payroll year has been finalised already, please undo the finalisation and correct the ATO Reporting Category. Once changes have been made, process an update event. Also, check the Payroll Register and Payroll Activity Summary report. If there is a negative amount in the Payroll Register, kindly edit the pay history of the employee manually by going to the Card file > Payroll details > Pay history.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MAJackie 

Thanks for your post.

May I know what leave category is showing as negative value on the employee Summary of Payments? If you shouldn't have to pay for the leave, you can reverse that pay. Or you can also do an adjustment pay to bring up the leave balances. 

Best regards,

Doreen

MAJackie
      Contributing User

Hi Doreen, 

The Summary of Payments just shows it as "Paid leave - other".

Inside payroll it was a reallocation of Annual Leave.

The leave was paid over a number of weeks in around May 2022, then reversed as negative annual leave, positive salary (same amount) in December 2022 which was the next payroll year, hence the negative leave value in the 2022/23 year.

If the 2022/23 year is finalised as is, my understanding is the employee's negative leave will be sent as a zero value to ATO so his gross income will be more than he actually received so I'm looking for a way to correct this.

Thanks

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MAJackie 

Kindly check the pay item used for the Annual Leave. Make sure it has the correct ATO Reporting Category. If unsure of the ATO Reporting Category, we recommend speaking with your accountant or financial advisor. If the payroll year has been finalised already, please undo the finalisation and correct the ATO Reporting Category. Once changes have been made, process an update event. Also, check the Payroll Register and Payroll Activity Summary report. If there is a negative amount in the Payroll Register, kindly edit the pay history of the employee manually by going to the Card file > Payroll details > Pay history.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen