Forum Discussion

shoxha
User
2 years ago

Old employee showing on STP finalization screen (STP2)

When our client was doing the swap over to STP 2, our client had two old employees (3 years +) that they had never officially terminated in MYOB that were picked up by the update report sent to the ATO. The two employees now show on the EOFY finalisation screen (as $0 balances). I'm not to sure what the next steps here would be to get them to dissapear from the EOFY finalisation screen (the client doesn't want them there). Should I set their termination dates (fall in previous final years) and then send an update report? Will this clear them from the EOFY finalisation screen?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi shoxha 

Thanks for your post. Once a pay has been processed for an employee in the current financial year they will appear in the EOFY finalisation tab. This includes $0 pays automatically recorded when you click on the Send update event button in STP Phase 2.

It's not possible to remove employees from the EOFY finalisation tab. They will need to be finalised, which can be done now instead of waiting for EOFY. Once finalised I would recommend entering the termination details in the employee card to ensure no further pays are processed for those employees.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.