Forum Discussion

12 months ago
Solved

EOFY finalization employee Gross YTD figures not correct

Hi Help centre

When I reconcile EOFY payroll report with Activitiy summary report, i can see most of the figures are not the same. I checked each employee and realize if they took leave (holiday/sick day), the paid leave amount would not be reflected in the Gross YTD figure in STP reporting section.

How can i update the system to make their paid leave included in Gross YTD please urgently help thanks!!!

• Hi OrangePips 

Thanks for your post and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum.

If the figures under EOFY Finalisation tab doesn't match the Activity Summary Report is because all the wages that are reported as Gross Payments will only show in YTD Verification Report. Under EOFY Finalisation tab, against the employee name there is three dots there that will show the Individual Summary Payments as the breakdown of other pay items that is not reported as Gross Payments. If you add these Gross YTD to the Verification Report, everything should match. We also recommend checking the ATO Reporting Category for every pay item you used to make sure they were assigned correctly.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi OrangePips 

Phase 2 STP reporting is quite different to Phase 1. Things like Leave, overtime, bonuses allowances should NOT be included in Gross amount. I think what you are seeing is the MYOB Reports are 'misleading' or difficult to read. And there are some bugs and some bits are missing even though they have been reported to the ATO. Check their EOY support articles for the product you are using.

If using MYOB for STP Reporting, due to how they do not show you clearly what is going or has gone to the ATO sometimes it is difficult to reconcile between what is in MYOB and what is on the STP Reports. Ensure your payroll categories have been assigned correctly for Phase 2 reporting. 

To see what actually has been reported, the best way, unfortunately, is to log into your personal MyGov account and view your Income Statement - check to see if Gross amount, Leave etc has been reported correctly. And that is shows Tax Ready.

Regards

Gavin

Mr1953
      User

surely to view your income statement on mygov the stp has to have been finalised for the year and thats tricky if the figures dont match

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Mr1953 

Incorrect - every week you lodge an STP Report, the figures get posted to the myGov account (ATO Link) for all employees. Employees can monitor their year to date totals reported each week.

When the employer completes the EOY Finalisation, the Income Statement changes to 'Tax Ready' - this means the employer has confirmed these as the final figures for the year. 

The problem with MYOB's system, is that it is difficult to see exactly what was reported. Sometimes all the figures simply do not show in MYOB's Payroll Reporting Centre, sometimes they are simply hidden away under 3 dots. Sometimes the Reporting Centre shows 'Finalised" and yet the MyGov portal does not.

This is why I wrote in earlier post, the best place to check to see what has been reported, is to look at your own Income Statement via your MyGov account. The issue might be that the MYOB Reporting centre shows the amounts incorrectly, and they have in fact been reported correctly to the ATO. 

MYOB really need to change their systems and processes so an employer can see each week exactly what they are reporting before they lodge a report. This is what most other STP reporting programs do.

Regards

Gavin

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi OrangePips 

Thanks for your post and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum.

If the figures under EOFY Finalisation tab doesn't match the Activity Summary Report is because all the wages that are reported as Gross Payments will only show in YTD Verification Report. Under EOFY Finalisation tab, against the employee name there is three dots there that will show the Individual Summary Payments as the breakdown of other pay items that is not reported as Gross Payments. If you add these Gross YTD to the Verification Report, everything should match. We also recommend checking the ATO Reporting Category for every pay item you used to make sure they were assigned correctly.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

mlake
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Doreen, 

I'm experiencing a similar issue....

10 employees are showing correct Gross YTD figures in the YTD verification report. These amounts are equal to the totals shown on their individual summary of payments when adding gross payments plus OT and paid leave etc. 

One employee is only showing the gross payments and the verification report does not show automatically add their OT and paid leave like all the others and therefore their total and the combined total is incorrect. 

Do you have any suggestions about how I can fix this? 

mlake
        Contributing Cover User

Just updating to say my problem was fixed by sending an "update event". 

MirandaS
    Contributing Cover User

I had the same problem and zero help from the support chat.  Try processing a $0 payslip for each affected employee and send that to ATO.  That appears to have fixed it for me.