Forum Discussion

BessSMC
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

YTD figure incorrect on employee payslip

How can I change the YTD figure on employees payslip / payroll advice?

I have printed the Payroll Activity (detail) report and all figures match, even ran a $0 payrun for effected employees but this did not make a difference.

e.g employee A has earnt (manually adding up individual pay runs) YTD $5,035.75, MYOB YTD payroll advice displays $2,965.75.

Sam_R
    2 years ago

Hi BessSMC,

I recommend taking a backup of the file before doing any adjustments like this. 

I would first run and open the Payroll Activity Detail report (YTD) for the affected employees, then open the employee card > Pay History > and select 'Year-to-datein the 'Show Pay History for:' dropdown (see below)

Then refer to the Activity Detail report and override any fields that need adjusting so they match the report. 

Once you've made the adjustment, press 'OK' to save your changes and process a $0 pay run/Update event to update STP with the correction. 

If you run into any trouble, please do reach out so I can assist you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi BessSMC,

Thank you for your post.

If you run the 'Payroll Register' report for the affected employee/s, could you advise what YTD amount is showing in that report? 

BessSMC
      Contributing User

Hi Sam,

I have attached a copy of our Payroll Register and Payroll Activity reports - as you can see they do not equal up.

Thanks

Bess

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi BessSMC,

Thanks for sending those through. 

If the Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports don't match, this generally indicates that a manual adjustment has been made in Pay History within the employee card. If this is the case, you will need to change the Pay History back to what it was and process any changes/adjustments through Process Payroll. Then process a $0 pay to update STP.

If you were needing further assistance with this process, please do reach out. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.