Forum Discussion

Valy
Experienced User
8 months ago
Solved

Paid an employee an incorrect rate

Hello,

I have paid an employee at an old rate instead of the new rate (Pay has now gone through).

Before I process another pay for the difference of the hourly rates. In the Pay Employee window, is the Hours column for "Entitlements Section - Annual & Personal Leave" be left as "0"? 

Thanks for your help.

Val

• Hi Valy

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand how important adjustments are to correct ledger information. In my understanding, when creating a correction pay you will just need to add value to the information you are correcting. If you are not going to correct the values of the leave, it's best to keep it as is. I recommend reading this article, Fixing a Payroll Overpayment or Underpayment. This would give you more information about correcting a pay transaction. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Valy

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand how important adjustments are to correct ledger information. In my understanding, when creating a correction pay you will just need to add value to the information you are correcting. If you are not going to correct the values of the leave, it's best to keep it as is. I recommend reading this article, Fixing a Payroll Overpayment or Underpayment. This would give you more information about correcting a pay transaction. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve