Forum Discussion

Lamica
Experienced User
3 months ago

Pay slips integrity

I need to go back and check on past payslips of an employee to compare wage levels. When I look at past pays they now have the employee's new rate and position at the top of the payslip. How can I see what the original one was and is there a way to protect pdfs from changing so that any legal issues can be resolved.

3 Replies

• Hi Lamica 

Generating a payslip will use current settings. The only way to see the payslip as it was at some point in time is to print a hardcopy or print to pdf at the time. All employers should be doing this. And if the pdf is on your system under your control, this reduces editing risk. 

Some PDF writers allow you to password protect or otherwise protect from editing, however this is not an option in MYOB itself.

Regards

Gavin

Lamica
      Experienced User

Thanks. I thought having this program was a way to minimise alternate storage. I used to get a pdf of all the staff after completing the payroll now it seems I have to go to each person individually. Do you know if there is a way to get it reset to sending that to me again?

BooksForBiz
        Partner

Hi Lamica - If you run and save a verification report before you declare STP that will retain rate integrity on a week by week basis.