Forum Discussion

kyleenich
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Paying Superannuation on a Productivity bonus

I have just had confirmation from our accountant that the productivity bonus our employees are paid in addition to their usual base wage, will require Superannation to be paid on it.  How do i change this in MYOB?  Thank you!

• Hi kyleenich 

Thanks for your post. If the Bonus payroll category has been excluded from super guarantee calculations, go to Payroll categories>>Superannuation tab>>open the super guarantee category>>click Exempt and untick the Bonus payroll category. Future bonus payments will be included in the super calculation.

If you need to adjust the super amount to include previously recorded bonus payments, the Help Article, Checking and Adjusting super, has detailed information on this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi kyleenich 

Thanks for your post. If the Bonus payroll category has been excluded from super guarantee calculations, go to Payroll categories>>Superannuation tab>>open the super guarantee category>>click Exempt and untick the Bonus payroll category. Future bonus payments will be included in the super calculation.

If you need to adjust the super amount to include previously recorded bonus payments, the Help Article, Checking and Adjusting super, has detailed information on this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.