Forum Discussion

MarinaL2601
Contributing User
12 months ago

PAYROLL ERROR MESSAGE DATAINVALID

Received datatinvalid message when going to save payroll.  Process on a weekly basis Wed to Tue.  All fine last week.  Have resorted to logging on through payroll centre to process our payroll but need this fixed prior to next week.  Only thing changed prior to payroll was some employees wage rates and super fund details.  When we closed the message the payrun no longer exists if we try to bring it up in AccountRight.  

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MarinaL2601
    Contributing User

Hannah_V Celia_B can anyone help with this?  Still no answer.  Really poor form that we cannot get help from Myob support when needed.  Our staff deserve to be paid!

Celia_B
      MYOB Moderator

Hi MarinaL2601 

Thank you for your post. Apologies for the delay in my response. 

Upon checking on the screenshot, Generally speaking, DataInvalid messages are caused by a duplicate in the database and we do need to arrange for the company file to come in for investigation and possible repair. To furtherly assist you with this, can you please attach the diagnostic log of the AccountRight file so I can investigate?

To get the diagnostic logs:

• Hold Windows + R on the keyboard to bring up the Run command. 
      • type %localappdata% 

• Click OK and it should take you to the MYOB folder 
      • Open the MYOB folder
      • Open the AccountRight Folder
      • Open the Version folder (e.g. in this example) (note that since 2021.1/ silent installer onward, the latest release installed will use the current folder. 
      • Open the Diagnostic Folder 
      • Select all 3 files, right-click, send to compressed zip file. It should look like this.

• Then send zip file to MYOB

The Diagnostic file would look like: Huxley.Application_xxxx.log file to your Desktop to get it easier. 

I'll wait for your response. I'm happy to assist you further. 

Thanks, 

Cel

Celia_B
      MYOB Moderator

Hi MarinaL2601 

May I know how you go about the issue? If you still need help with your concern about the issue, feel free to post again and one of us will be here to assist you. 

Thanks, 

Cel