Forum Discussion

LDOG
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Payroll Liabilities - how to correct

Hoping someone can assist me to correct the payroll liabilities section - so that going forward its correct.

I didnt even realise it was occurring to be honest - started using a deduction for an employee who has started paying child support.   I remitted the withheld monies to Child Support however just did a spend money; which hit the liability account.  However I should have been using Pay Liabilities - the correct monies have been remitted to Child Support but wish to fix so that going forward it reflects that the payments already have been remitted up to end of July... I have sure created a wee bit of a mess.

Many thanks

Leanne

• LDOG 

Hi Leanne

Thanks for your post. You've got a couple of options to clear those deductions from the Pay Liabilities window. You can delete the Spend Money transactions and process the payments through Pay Liabilities. If any of those Spend Money transactions were reconciled you'll need to undo and re-do the bank reconciliations.

The other option is to process the payments through the Pay Liabilities window and then record a reversing journal to clear the amounts. This help article, Removing paid amounts from the Pay Liabilities window, has step-by-step instructions on this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • LDOG 

Hi Leanne

Thanks for your post. You've got a couple of options to clear those deductions from the Pay Liabilities window. You can delete the Spend Money transactions and process the payments through Pay Liabilities. If any of those Spend Money transactions were reconciled you'll need to undo and re-do the bank reconciliations.

The other option is to process the payments through the Pay Liabilities window and then record a reversing journal to clear the amounts. This help article, Removing paid amounts from the Pay Liabilities window, has step-by-step instructions on this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.