Forum Discussion

CCR_2000
Contributing User
9 months ago
Solved

Payroll Restricted Access for some employees

Hello. I was wondering if it was possible in MYOB to have restricted access for payroll for management payroll and their card file. We are wanting to separte our management staff payroll so their income and salaries are not visable to our payroll staff. Only our accoutnant. Is this at all poissble in MYOB 

Thankyou

• Hi CCR_2000,

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry if I'm not able to answer your question. I appreciate your understanding regarding this. I understand that you want to have separate employee card details access for one user and separate user access for your management staff. However, this feature is not available in the software. You may limit the access of one user by managing their roles to read and write or read-only access for the employee card details, but this is for employee cards, payroll details, and payment details only. This is explained in this Help article: Set up roles.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi CCR_2000,

Thank you for your post.

In AccountRight, you can manage your user access level to your online and offline files. This will allow you to control who can access your file. If you need to change the user's company file access, you'll need to change the user's role. This can be done by going to the Setup menu >> Selecting User Access >> Clicking the user ID of the user >> then selecting the role of the user.

This is explained in this Help Article: Manage users.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

CCR_2000
      Contributing User

I understand this although that has not answered my question at all. I am wanting to exclude a handful of employee cards (NOT all of them) to being accessed by a user. I only want one user to be able to process maangements pay. So the payroll officier would do payroll for all employees except the management staff for confidentaility purposes. Is this at all poissble ? 

Can you segreate this? Or if a user has acess to employee cards they must have access to ALL employee cards 

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi CCR_2000,

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry if I'm not able to answer your question. I appreciate your understanding regarding this. I understand that you want to have separate employee card details access for one user and separate user access for your management staff. However, this feature is not available in the software. You may limit the access of one user by managing their roles to read and write or read-only access for the employee card details, but this is for employee cards, payroll details, and payment details only. This is explained in this Help article: Set up roles.

Cheers,

Princess