Forum Discussion

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
9 months ago

Payslips do not go to ALL employees

Hi MYOB

Please read this post correctly and offer a solution rather than a regurgitated response.

I have been online - running payroll and emailing payslips via the MYOB emailing systems for years!

Every fortnight someone doesn't get their payslip.

Please do not tell me to check tick boxes, or check this or that - I have been emailing payslips for years.

Because it goes from our online file direct to your email service there is no internet connection in the formula.

It is never the same staff members - emails ARE ALWYS sent to private emails - we have a policy of NEVER emailing to business emails.

I repeat - every fortnight someone in our list ( 1 - 4 )  staff members do not get their payslip.

I repat - it is generally NEVER the same staff each fortnight - but maybe.

I tried sending in batches of 10 - same problem - someone doesn't get their email.

This is an MYOB emailing system problem!

The Doc

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    The_Doc
    Ultimate Partner

@ MYOB

Sorry, I under exaggerated - just checked my emails out

Off the 29 payslips emailed in 2 batches - ONLY 10 ( 10 out of 29)  went out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep that is a 66% fail rate - that MYOB is just not acceptable.

Every pay fortnight this happens -  

No matter MYOB - we are moving to XERO anyway ( and after being a Partner for 25 years that is painful) 

We are a private cloud provider for medical practices - (we would be out of business with such a failure).

The Doc

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi The_Doc,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response.

I empathize with your frustration, and we certainly don't want you to have this kind of experience. If employees are not receiving their emails, here are some general troubleshooting steps to consider:

Check Junk/Spam Folder: Begin by checking the junk or spam folder in their email accounts and mark any emails from MYOB as 'not spam.'

Add Sender to Address Book: Add noreply@apps.myob.com to the address book or trusted sender list in their email settings.

Prioritize MYOB Emails: To ensure that MYOB emails are not overlooked, consider starring, flagging, or marking them as important. 

This will signal to their mail provider that these messages should be treated with priority. Additionally, for testing the email delivery of payslips, you can follow these steps:

Go to Employee Records: Navigate to Payroll > Employees.

Update Employee Email: Access the relevant employee's profile, copy their email address, and temporarily replace it with your own. Save the changes.

Test with a Past Pay Run: Go to Payroll > Past Pay Runs, select a specific pay run, and choose the option to Print/Email. Tick the email associated with your own address and click the 'Email' button.

These steps will help you verify if the emails are working as expected and whether the issue lies with the employees' email settings or preferences.

Regards,
      Earl

The_Doc
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Earl_HD 

Thank you for that detailed reply.

Interestingly - I had just done the pay run today and sent payslips. Waited 30 mins and looked at sent emails in MYOB.

And today - for the 1st time - all pay slips have actually gone out.

Notwithstanding the above advice - usually if I resend they get it - and they all come back to me telling me no it isn't in spam or other places.

Regards Howard