Forum Discussion

9 months ago
Solved

Process to move away from myob to new payroll system

Hello,

Can anyone guide me on step by step process to move away from MYOB to new inhouse payroll software?

• Hi seasonsijan,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Here are some steps to take before you move to another payroll software:

• Reverse all the pay runs that you did for FY 2024.
    • Make sure that the YTD of all employees under pay history on their card file is zero.
    • Send an update event or a zero payrun for FY 2024.
    • request cancellation of MYOB subs
    • Re-do the pay runs on the new software for FY 2024.

I highly recommend taking a backup and saving all payroll reports before zeroing out the YTD amounts.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'm happy to assist you.

Cheers,

Princess

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi seasonsijan,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Here are some steps to take before you move to another payroll software:

• Reverse all the pay runs that you did for FY 2024.
    • Make sure that the YTD of all employees under pay history on their card file is zero.
    • Send an update event or a zero payrun for FY 2024.
    • request cancellation of MYOB subs
    • Re-do the pay runs on the new software for FY 2024.

I highly recommend taking a backup and saving all payroll reports before zeroing out the YTD amounts.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'm happy to assist you.

Cheers,

Princess

seasonsijan
      User

Hi Princess_R,

Thank you for your response.

Currently, we have developed our in-house payroll software and we are trying to migrate from MYOB to in in-house software solution.

Regarding STP reporting we have informed that the YTD amount can be transferred by using the zeroing method which needs to be done from our in-house software.

But there is no action needed to be performed from the MYOB. Could you please clarify if there are any specific closing procedures required in MYOB, or is zeroing out sufficient for closing?

Furthermore, we still require MYOB to reconcile the data on the new payroll with the existing MYOB data. Is it possible to achieve this?

• Hi seasonsijan,

Thank you for your response.

If you'll be using MYOB to reconcile the data to your new payroll software, then you'll need to keep your subscription active. Aside from processing the steps provided, you'll need to finalize your employees with $0 pay in your MYOB STP reporting center. Please make sure to keep your employee's data by taking a backup of your company files before zeroing out everything on your payroll.

Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions about this. I'm happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

seasonsijan
      User

Hello Princess_R,

I appreciate the information you provided. I have one more question.

We have reconciled all the YTD figures from MYOB with our new payroll software and submitted the update event to the ATO. However, if we encounter any errors from the ATO's side and need to run a payroll for this week in MYOB, what steps should we take? Do we need to reverse any actions, or can we simply upload the backup file to MYOB and proceed with running the pay event?

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi seasonsijan,

Thank you for your response. If you've already reconciled your payroll data from MYOB to your new payroll software and you've submitted the update event, then there's nothing to worry about as long as you're no longer using the MYOB software for your payroll transactions. If you've ever encountered an ATO error, I would suggest reversing the payment.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance. I'm happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess