Forum Discussion

11 months ago

Salary sacrifice portable

I had an employee who salary sacrificed a portable e-device during the year. I have set up a liability account in MYOB to be not reportable to ATO, and also exempt from PAYG tax. The payrun went through correctly, however, in the STP report, the amount is not deducted from the employee's gross salary, how can I fix it?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Alicia4 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

In this matter, If the amount is not deducted from the employee's gross salary, my recommendation for this is to reverse and reprocess that pay run so you can record it correctly. You can also check on this Help Article: Salary Sacrificing, This contains more information and it will serve as your guide. 

If you need further assistance with this. Feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist. 

or If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel

Alicia4
      User

Hi Cel,

Thank you for your reply.

I did record the transaction correclty as per Salary Sacrificing, that is why I could not understand why the amount is not deducted from the employee's gross salary?