Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Salary sacrifice refund to worker

Hi,

Our employee left a week ago and we received a refund from the salary packaging company to pay worker after tax deduction.

Not sure what sort of payroll category I have to create. Should  I need to be exempt from super?

Great if anyone enlighten me 

• Hi DhanushkaEka 

Firstly I would check out this help article which details the ATO reporting Categories and what Payroll Category to assign to Pay Items: Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll.

In regards to weather it should or should not accrue Super we always recommend that you consult your accountant or the ATO to ensure you are meeting your tax obligations based on your specific situation. Once you've done so, here is our support article on setting up Superannuation Categories: Checking and adjusting Superannuation.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi DhanushkaEka 

Firstly I would check out this help article which details the ATO reporting Categories and what Payroll Category to assign to Pay Items: Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll.

In regards to weather it should or should not accrue Super we always recommend that you consult your accountant or the ATO to ensure you are meeting your tax obligations based on your specific situation. Once you've done so, here is our support article on setting up Superannuation Categories: Checking and adjusting Superannuation.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.