Forum Discussion

10 days ago

STP filing through MYOB

Our MYOB subscription ended in October 2023 and we have been using another program since.

So far we have been able to finalize the STP in the new program we are using, but realized that the figures we had lodged with MYOB still had not been finalized.

We still have access to the read-only files, so we attempted to 'Finalise and report to ATO'. But after clicking it, we are shown a page that says 'You do not have permission to access this page. Please contact your account administrator.'

I'm assuming that it's not possible to finalize the STP with a read-only/inactive account - would there be any potential solution to this situation?

3 Replies

• Hi q4accounting 

If unable to finalise via MYOB and you have a copy of the ARL file, you can finalise using 3rd party software like STP Creator. This was designed specifically for MYOB and the developer has a Temp licence option for short term users, such as to finalise or correct STP data lodged by other software. They also provide remote support to steps you through it, save you having to learn to use.

Regards

Gavin

q4accounting
      User

We dont have copy of ARL file. How we can get the ARL file for filing STP.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi q4accounting,

I'm sorry to hear about the error message you received when trying to finalize. Since you have a copy of your read-only file, you can create a backup using that file and proceed with what gavin12345 suggested. 

Additionally, you can try logging in to the file using your file's admin credentials as userID and try to go through the process using that. You can also reach out to our virtual assistant, MOCA, on our website, or you can request support via my account at myob.com. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team.

Thanks,
        Genreve