Forum Discussion

SamP1
Experienced User
5 years ago
Solved

STP Reporting for previous payruns

Hi

I have just set up STP and would like to report payroll from 01 July.  Please can someone show me the correct place as nothing is appearing in the 'payroll reporting centre'

Thanks again

Sam

• Hi SamP1 

The process would be same. If you have done few payruns prior to setting up STP, you would just need to do atleast one new payrun after setting up STP, and the prior payruns would be reported automatically. The system is smart enough to send the YTD values to the ATO so you don't have to individually declare or re-do those payruns again. 

You can find detailed information on "Pay Processing with Single Touch Payroll(STP)" article.

Please let me know if you have any concerns. 

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SamP1 

To see the reports in payroll reporting center, you need to do atleast one payrun in the current payroll year and declare that to the ATO, as it would automatically report all the figures from the previous payruns. This is because YTD figures are reported to the ATO using STP.

Once the report is accepted in payroll reporting center, you can verify that the YTD figures are correct by downloading the report as PDF by clicking on the ellipsis on the extreme end.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

SamP1
      Experienced User

Hi Komal

Thank you for explaining.

I think i should have asked then.  How do I lodge reports to the ATO for payruns this financial year prior to me setting up STP.

Thanks

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SamP1 

The process would be same. If you have done few payruns prior to setting up STP, you would just need to do atleast one new payrun after setting up STP, and the prior payruns would be reported automatically. The system is smart enough to send the YTD values to the ATO so you don't have to individually declare or re-do those payruns again. 

You can find detailed information on "Pay Processing with Single Touch Payroll(STP)" article.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.