Forum Discussion

7 months ago
Solved

STP reporting issue

FY22-23 EOFY payroll reconciliation has been done in July 2023, all three reports were matched well, the MYOB payroll activity summary report, MYOB payroll register summary report and STP YTD verfication report. However, when I was checking the list of payroll transactions under 'STP reports' in Payroll Reporting Centre just now, gross payment for one payrun report during that period turned to nil while PAYG and super are correct all of sudden. Nothing has changed and payroll for this payrun had been processed as normal for sure (Otherwise the YTD verficiation would not be matched with MYOB payroll reports, isnt??) Can anyone advise what is going on, and how to fix it please?

PS: On this employee's MyGov account, the Gross wages (tax ready) for FY22-23 is correct, which is the same as MYOB figure. I believe the correct Gross payment for this "Nil pay run" should have been reported to ATO in Jan 2023??

It will be greatly appreciated if anyone can help. Thank you

• Hi Pokji222 

A Nil report is normal for an Update Event. An Update event only sends employee YTD totals for Income Statements. If reporting a new payroll transaction, this should show the Employer Gross and the PAYG for that payrun only. And if it doesn't, there is no big deal, as this info is ONLY used to prefill your next Online BAS.

Regards

Gavin

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Pokji222 

Take a look at my post here - it attempts to explain how STP reports work, what is important and what isn't.

Regards

Gavin

Pokji222
      User

Hey gavin12345 

Thank you very much for your explaination, it makes sense to me.

In terms of this STP Nil payrun report, is that just a system glitch? Coz I 100% has entered this payrun correctly. Just wanted to see if anything we can do to avoid it in future.

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Pokji222 

A Nil report is normal for an Update Event. An Update event only sends employee YTD totals for Income Statements. If reporting a new payroll transaction, this should show the Employer Gross and the PAYG for that payrun only. And if it doesn't, there is no big deal, as this info is ONLY used to prefill your next Online BAS.

Regards

Gavin