Forum Discussion

Feebie
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Super not calculated on new employee

Hi there

We had a new emloyee start early november and has earnt over $1000gross for the month.  Everything was ticked for Super - just like 7 other employees all the same - but her super details were not provided to us until the end of the month, when we entered them into the system.  We have now run the report for the super payment and there has been nothing recorded for this employee.  What now?? :)

• Hi Feebie,

Don't worry, sending it as an 'updated' pay run will still be accepted by the ATO and will not dismiss previous pay runs either - It just helps the ATO identify the frequency in which you report your pay runs. 

If you run into any more trouble do let me know, happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mantova
    Experienced Cover User

Hi there

I had the same problem but its easy to fix. I've had a couple of emails this morning as I put up that I solved my own problem. All you need to do is go to NEW save and it will appear in the list, then go back in an put in the details. i think this changed after the last update. Its working perfectly doing it this way 

Regards Robyn

Feebie
      Trusted Cover User

Thanks for your reply - sorry, but I'm not understanding what you mean.... NEW where...?

I already added it as a Super fund so I cant add it again as it already has it.  All the boxes are ticked correctly - the only thing I can think is that the details were added at the end of the month prior to running the wages activity report.  Still her amount of super shows as zero - when clearly whe has earnt over $1000 gross for the month.

Have no idea what do do now to fix this.....

Mantova
    Experienced Cover User

Hi there

I had the same problem but its easy to fix. I've had a couple of emails this morning as I put up that I solved my own problem. All you need to do is go to NEW save and it will appear in the list, then go back in an put in the details. I think this changed after the last update. Its working perfectly doing it this way 

Regards Robyn

Feebie
      Trusted Cover User

Hi - thanks for your reply - but Im not quite understanding what you mean.  Go to NEW ...where?

Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi Feebie,

Thank you for your post and thank you Mantova for your advice, I hope this also assists in solving the query.

Just to confirm, was Super not being calculated on this employee's payslip during the month? Or is the super contributions not showing when you are in the Pay Superannuation window when you are trying to make the payment?

Mantova
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Sam, sorry I replied to the email I received.

Its actually easier to put the super in now, you don't have to use the drop down box to find the fund you just take the steps below and a New blank superannuation fund will appear in the list. This is what I wrote in a reply email

Go the Employee name

Superannuation Tab

“Create New Payroll Category”

SAVE

It will appear in the list.

Go into the new blank page and change the details to the super fund required and add the details ie 10% super off gross etc.

It automatically adds it on the payslip and is included on the activity report totals.

You used to drop the box down and find the super fund needed and it would appear against the employee details but you can’t save it there anymore.

You have to create a new payroll category first to make it work. The super fund gets the fund details and spin number etc when you set up a new employee in your super management company ie Colonial First State or Australian Super etc

It worked for me so hope it works for you

Regards Robyn

Feebie
        Trusted Cover User

Thanks again for your reply - I do appreciate you spending the time to try and help.  Very kind of you.

I did all that you listed in the hope that it would work - although I don't quite understand why we need to add another Super Category when there is one already there working properly for other employess.  The actual Super fund was already listed in the super fund listing - so it wont let me add a new super fund there are its already in the list.  so I created the new category, using the dropdown super fund as it wont let me add a new one with the same name - but the SPIN and USI are correct.  I linked the employee to the new super category - which other than a new name is set up the same as the previous already existing super category.  Double checking that everything is linked ok and setup looked good I ran report - nothing in her super field.  I shut down, restarted and opened again thinking a reboot may be necessary - still nothing.

I have no clue....

Feebie
      Trusted Cover User

Sorry Sam - the other part of your question re paying through PAY SUPER ...

I have always gone through Pay Liabilites, selecting the correct dates for the month the Liability type and the data that displays is always a copy of the activity report (and yes this employee showed "0" ) . I use the activity report to lodge super thru the ATO Clearing house in the BAS Portal

Feebie
      Trusted Cover User

Hi there

Thanks for replying.

So - at the beginning of the month a new employee was added wtih everything completed and ticked but with no super details as we didn't have them from the employee yet.   Her pay was recorded as normal throughout the month.  Come the end of the month I chased the details up from the employee and entered the Super details in the Superannuation section thinking this would then "generate" correct super reporting, and I ran the payroll activity statement.  I noticed that she was in the list and her gross amounts and tax amounts were showing as normal, but there was "0" recorded as super.  Clearly this is not correct if she has earnt over $1000gross for the month.

I hope this explains the situation - appreciate the help:)

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi Feebie,

Thank you for those details. 

So, once those super details are entered, the system won't auto-generate and allocate the super amounts. You will need to process a Super Adjustment Pay run for the super to be added. You first want to ensure that the Superannuation Guarantee box is 'ticked' in the employee's card file before following the below steps:

Super Adjustment pay run

1. Process payroll
        2. Process individual employee > select employee
        3. Enter the last day of the affected month for all 3 date fields. For example Payment date, Pay period start & Pay period end will all be 30/11/21 
        4. Click into the blue arrow next to the employee to expand pay details
        5. Zero out any amounts or hours that may have pre-populated against any wage or tax pay items
        6. The Superannuation category should pick up and automatically populate the $100 that was missed during the month.
        7. Press OK and record. 

The super contribution should now appear in your Reports and Pay liabilites window ready for payment. 

Let me know if you run into any trouble or require further assistance, happy to help.