Forum Discussion

Justin-T_81
Contributing Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Superannuation on annual leave and leave loading

Does superannuation get paid on both annual leave and leave loading?

• Hi Justin-T_81 

Thanks for your post. The Superannuation Guarantee is paid on Ordinary time earnings (OTE) which is the amount your employee earns for their ordinary hours of workThis link to the ATO website explains OTE in detail and which payments are considered to be OTE: Super for employers 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Justin-T_81 

Thanks for your post. The Superannuation Guarantee is paid on Ordinary time earnings (OTE) which is the amount your employee earns for their ordinary hours of workThis link to the ATO website explains OTE in detail and which payments are considered to be OTE: Super for employers 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Adminstrator
      User

From the Fair Work website, we have to paid the Superannuation on Annual Leave, not the Annual Leave Loading.  However, when we process the annual leave payment to the employee, the SGC amount is not correct, we have to change it manually.

Could you please updated the software to match Fire Work policy?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Adminstrator 

For Annual Leave Loading to be excluded from super calculations you will need to exempt the leave loading payroll category:

1. Open the superannuation category (Payroll > Payroll Categories > Superannuation tab > open the applicable superannuation category).
        2. Click Exempt. If this button is not clickable, it means the super category isn't set up to calculate as a percentage so can't be exempted from a wage category.
        3. Select any wage categories to be excluded from super calculations.
        4. Click OK then click OK again to save the change.

Please do let me know if I have misunderstood your question.