Forum Discussion

springcav
Partner
13 days ago

URGENT - How to remove an extra payment in STP for year 22/23 when not showing in payroll for the same year?

Hi,

A client has somehow made an extra wage payment to an employee in the 22/23 financial year.

This payment was never paid to the employee - an error on the clients part.

The payment is showing in the STP report but is not showing up at all in Account Right.

The 2 reports are out by this amount. How do I remove the payment from STP? so the accountant can fianlise 22/23 please?

2 Replies

• Hi Doreen,  thank you for replying. This is not possible as all the reports in MYOB match (Activity & Register reports). There is no payrun to match what STP is out by. If I do a negative payrun it will reduce both MYOB & STP leaving the same problem. I have been advised in the MYOB forum on FB to ignore the STP so long as MYOB matches.

Thank you for your advice.

Annette

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi springcav

To adjust for the extra wage payment and ensure your reports reflect the correct figures for the 22/23 financial year, you can create a separate pay run with only the extra amount processed. Just make sure that you will enter a negative sign then the amount against the payroll category you would like to deduct it to. This way, it will offset the total figures in your payroll reports. By doing this, you can effectively correct the discrepancy between your STP report and AccountRight. Also, for the pay period date and date of payment, you can enter the date of when the pay run was originally processed. If you need further guidance on how to process this adjustment, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,

Doreen