Forum Discussion

Gem159
Experienced Cover User
11 months ago
Solved

Wage Error

When doing a weekly pay run (May 2023) I allocated 7.6hours to a staffs Long Service Leave instead of their Sick Pay.  How do I go about correcting this issue.  Given that it is a different financial year also.  Accountant suggested running new payrun for same dated and allocate -7.6hr to long service and +7.6hr to sick pay.  Any thoughts please??  

• Hi

I would do what your accountant suggested. Run a correction only payrun (Choose 'Bonus/Commission' rather than weekly/fortnightly as this option clears out all the standard pay items) for the same pay period as the error occurred in. I would also make a note in the contact log whenever I make such corrections, with a description of the transaction for future reference.

Capture.JPG

Thanks

vidario

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi

I would do what your accountant suggested. Run a correction only payrun (Choose 'Bonus/Commission' rather than weekly/fortnightly as this option clears out all the standard pay items) for the same pay period as the error occurred in. I would also make a note in the contact log whenever I make such corrections, with a description of the transaction for future reference.

Capture.JPG

Thanks

vidario

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Gem159

Thanks for posting your concern. 

As vidario1 has suggested, it's better to do as the accountant has said and create a correction pay run. 

Also, if you have any other questions regarding the corrections feel free to let us know. 

Thanks. 

Genreve