Forum Discussion

Gem159
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Wage Error

When doing a weekly pay run (May 2023) I allocated 7.6hours to a staffs Long Service Leave instead of their Sick Pay.  How do I go about correcting this issue.  Given that it is a different financial year also.  Accountant suggested running new payrun for same dated and allocate -7.6hr to long service and +7.6hr to sick pay.  Any thoughts please??  

• Hi

I would do what your accountant suggested. Run a correction only payrun (Choose 'Bonus/Commission' rather than weekly/fortnightly as this option clears out all the standard pay items) for the same pay period as the error occurred in. I would also make a note in the contact log whenever I make such corrections, with a description of the transaction for future reference.

Thanks

vidario

• Hi

I would do what your accountant suggested. Run a correction only payrun (Choose 'Bonus/Commission' rather than weekly/fortnightly as this option clears out all the standard pay items) for the same pay period as the error occurred in. I would also make a note in the contact log whenever I make such corrections, with a description of the transaction for future reference.

Thanks

vidario

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Gem159

Thanks for posting your concern. 

As vidario1 has suggested, it's better to do as the accountant has said and create a correction pay run. 

Also, if you have any other questions regarding the corrections feel free to let us know. 

Thanks. 

Genreve

Looking for something else?

Search the Community Forum for answers or find your topic and get the conversation started!

Community home

Dig into MYOB Academy for free courses, learning paths and live events to help build your business with MYOB.