Forum Discussion

sarahjane29's avatar
4 months ago

WorkCover Top Up Payments



We have an employee that is  currently on workcover. 

We arranged for workcover to pay the employee directly however we are wanting to do "top up" payments so that they are still receiving a FULL wage. 

Could you please advise how we should process this in MYOB AccountRight?

Could you please also advise, does the employee still accrue sick leave and annual leave whilst on workcover?


1 Reply

  • Shella_A's avatar
    MYOB Moderator

    Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of helpful information.


    My apologies for the delay in response. I understand that you wanted to know how to top up payments for the work cover process in AccountRight. We appreciate your patience with this. The worker's compensation rules and obligations may vary from state to state, so it's best to check with your relevant authority for clarification. Also check with your accounting advisor regarding the potential implications of workers' compensation on tax, superannuation, or leave obligations. What we can provide is information on how to pay Work Cover employees, and this helpful article will give you the full information and instructions about it.


    When an employee is on worker’s compensation, they only accrue sick leave in Queensland or Southern Australia but not in the rest of Australia. This is due to different legislative requirements in different regions. However, work-cover payments do count towards annual leave accrual. Please note that this information might vary depending on the specific circumstances, and it's always a good idea to consult with a HR professional or legal advisor to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.


    I hope this information is helpful. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.


    Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.



    Kind regards,