Forum Discussion

Diana66
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

YTD Verification Report differs to Payroll Summary by amount of Superannuation Salary Sacrifice

Just doing a trial balance for end of financial year payroll to make sure things go smoothly next week.

My Payroll Acitivity and Payroll Register reports match, both showing the same amount of $549,899.33 as on the YTD "Total Payments'.  The Total Salary and Wages figure shows $544749.33 which is what the guidelines say I should match to, which is the exact difference of the $5150 of Superannuation Salary Sacrifice amount. Is this just how it is supposed to be? All was ok last year and no changes were made to the salary sacrifice payroll categories since then.

Have searched high and low online, not sure if the STP Phase 2 has changed things?  Copies of reports attached.

Appreciate any help.

Diana

• Hi Diana66,

Thank you for your post. 

Yes, that is all showing how it should be in STP 2. This Salary sacrifice is tax-exempt so it will not be included in the totals you've highlighted in purple. 

If you had any further queries or concerns, please reach out for assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi Diana66,

Thank you for your post. 

Yes, that is all showing how it should be in STP 2. This Salary sacrifice is tax-exempt so it will not be included in the totals you've highlighted in purple. 

If you had any further queries or concerns, please reach out for assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi Diana

You are still in STP ( not Phase 2) so that is correct

Phase 2 will add the sal sac back on - so in future the Total payments and Total salary will match

Hope that helps

Lisa

Diana66
    Contributing User

Just doing a trial balance for end of financial year payroll to make sure things go smoothly next week.

My Payroll Acitivity and Payroll Register reports match, both showing the same amount of $549,899.33 as on the YTD "Total Payments'.  The Total Salary and Wages figure shows $544749.33 which is what the guidelines say I should match to, which is the exact difference of the $5150 of Superannuation Salary Sacrifice amount. Is this just how it is supposed to be? All was ok last year and no changes were made to the salary sacrifice payroll categories since then.

Have searched high and low online, not sure if the STP Phase 2 has changed things?

Appreciate any help.

Diana

Diana66
      Contributing User

Apologies, this should have been posted in AccountRight