Forum Discussion

EmilyC
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Import Tax - 100%

Hi, can anyone show me how to enter a transaction in MYOB AccoungRight showing 100% GST?

We have paid oversea supplier on their goods with Nil GST; but we have received an invoice from Freight Company charging GST on the imported shipment. 

I have tried to put in 0 expense, and full amount of GST under "Tax" on Purchase; but it's not showing a payable to the Freight Company as what it should be;

I have tried to enter Purchase into GST Paid Liability account; but then it's not showing on GST paid on the GST Reports.

All helps will be appreciated!

• hi EmilyC 

When I receive the invoice from the freight forwarder I will enter it either as a purchase or spend money.  

if the tax inclusive box is ticked prepare as the attachment.  The account used in the two lines for GST on importation (the positive and negative) is irrelevant, as long as they are both the same account, they will cancel each other out.  It is just for the purpose of getting the GST to flow through to the reports correctly.

Please mark as a solution if this solves your query.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • hi EmilyC 

When I receive the invoice from the freight forwarder I will enter it either as a purchase or spend money.  

if the tax inclusive box is ticked prepare as the attachment.  The account used in the two lines for GST on importation (the positive and negative) is irrelevant, as long as they are both the same account, they will cancel each other out.  It is just for the purpose of getting the GST to flow through to the reports correctly.

Please mark as a solution if this solves your query.

EmilyC
      Experienced Cover User

This works prefectly!! Thank you so much.