Forum Discussion

Swampy-66
Experienced Cover User
21 days ago

Invoiced GST is rounded higher than MYOB

I create a daily postage run from Australian Post. Their invoice is rounding up.

Myob calculation rounds down and every invoice is overpaid in GST.

What's the best wait to handle this rounding challenge? I know it's only cents but better in my pocket then the ato.

Sample attached shows 2c higher on invoice than MYOB spend money

• Hi Swampy-66,

I get your need to clarify if the tax can be adjusted that way. Indeed, you can edit it as shown in your screenshot. 

If you need any further help, feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
    Genreve

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there Swampy-66,

You can check the invoice that was issued to verify the GST calculation. MYOB AccountRight calculates GST correctly, and I was able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. The GST amount on the spend money transaction is accurate. To handle the rounding challenge, you can manually adjust the unit price by a small amount (e.g., $0.001) to ensure the final line total doesn't end in a value that causes rounding discrepancies.

Best regards,

Doreen

Swampy-66
      Experienced Cover User

Doreen, can i make the adjustment by click on the arrow near the tax and changing the TAX value to the correct amount? ie change the 8.11 to 8.14

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Swampy-66,

I get your need to clarify if the tax can be adjusted that way. Indeed, you can edit it as shown in your screenshot. 

If you need any further help, feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
        Genreve