Forum Discussion

10 hours ago

Reconciling a bank account transaction that occurred before linking the account with Bank Feed

I have a new bank account linked to Feed, and it's all working fine. I have entered the opening balance and am able to approve the transactions as normal. But there is one transaction that annoyingly occurred a couple of days before the Bank Feed was authorised. Now I can't reconcile the bank account because this one transaction appears only on my bank statement, but not in the feed. How can I allocate this transaction to its MYOB account if it doesn't appear at all? Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi EE_Wines,

I get that this single transaction is throwing off your balance with the statement. Usually, the opening balance you enter for the bank account should match what the bank showed on the day your bank feed started. In this case, you have a couple of options: you can adjust the opening balance to include the missed transaction, or you can manually record a spend/receive money transaction to account for it. It depends on what works best for you.

If you're unsure, you might want to consult with a financial advisor to ensure everything's accounted for correctly. And of course, feel free to start a new thread if you need more help.

Thanks,
    Genreve