Forum Discussion

US1
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

An unrecognised error occurred - MatchingTransactions_AmountToShouldNotBeNull

How can I fix the following error when trying to allocate/match a transaction (zero value)?

"Something went wrong. Check the details entered are correct and try again. An unrecognised error occurred - MatchingTransactions_AmountToShouldNotBeNull"

It is from a foreign exchange transaction in our bank feed.

Thanks

US1
    2 years ago

Unfortunately in your sugested solution step 2 did not work - the tranaction was still unallocated.

However, I did find an alternative solution :) 

From the bank transactions list I selected the $0.00 transaction which made an "allocate" button appear and I could chose an account from there.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi US1 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. Are you trying to allocate or match a transaction that has a null value - i.e. $0.00?

If that is the case that is why you are receiving the error message. You will not be able to match this transaction.

If it is not the case, could you respond with a screenshot of the transaction and error message so I can reproduce it from my end?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

US1
      Contributing User

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it is $0.00 value. Is there any way to remove it from our unallocated transaction list?

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi US1 

At this stage, it is not possible for the transaction to be removed as it was sent by the bank. However, the following steps can be done as a workaround so it leaves the unallocated list:

1. Create a Spend Money transaction for $0 with the same date as the bankfeed.
        2. Go back to the Bank Transactions screen, check that the $0 is now showing as allocated.
        3. Go to the Banking > Find Transactions window and delete the spend money that was created in step 1 and the bank feed transaction should still be marked as allocated and not show on the Unallocated list.

Let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.