Forum Discussion

JillL1
Experienced User
12 days ago

Account Right Friendly language to make things clearer

Hi MYOB - could you advise if there is a plan to change to the "friendly" language in the desktop version (i.e. not the browser)?    After many years of being very comfortable with the "technical jargon" - i.e. commonly used accounting language we are very much not keen on more touchy feely "improvements" that are going to leave us scratching our heads on what exactly we are looking for.  Have to ask again - does MYOB see themselves as providing serious accounting software?   How about sorting out the security issues instead of fixing something that was not broken!

5 Replies

JillL1
    Experienced User

Shella_AThanks for your response.    Could you give some background on who the testing group are?    Are they are group of established users with a good representation of experienced bookkeepers and accountants?  Was there a difference in the response from current experienced users to those with no experience in accounting software?

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JillL1,

Thanks for your post. I totally understand your concerns about the recent language changes on the desktop platform. We're keeping the user-friendly language in the desktop version for now. We know how important clear communication is, especially for users who are used to technical terms. The transition might be a bit of a challenge at first, but our aim is to make the platform more accessible for everyone. I'm sorry if the changes did not meet your expectations, and I really appreciate you letting us know. Your feedback is important to us, especially when it comes to security. If you spot any security issues, please check out the MYOB responsible disclosure statement for guidance on how to report them. We look forward to hearing from you.

In the meantime, feel free to post anytime you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

JillL1
      Experienced User

Hi Shella_A 

Thank you, but another empty answer.    MYOB are changing very well established, long term commonly used accounting terminology - to make it easier??  How does "inventory" make less sense than "products & services"?    Does MYOB see themselves as a serious accounting software provider?    

With reference to security - perhaps make yourself familiar with the thread labelled "Update - Improved Security - 2FA changes"    The major security problems there  - i.e. being able to login without password or 2FA depending on how you log out - 7 months after being raised.    That doesn't feel like MYOB are valuing the feedback.    I'm still waiting for an answer on the correct way to log out after doing a backup.    Currently the software closes but does not require any security on re-opening.

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JillL1.

Thanks for the follow-up. I understand your feedback on the language changes, and I hope that in time you will grow to like it as much as the group that was involved in testing.

Hello as well, Durkin. Thank you for contributing to this conversation and being an active user of our forum. We absolutely note the feedback from yourself and others around replies seeming like they are a bot or ChatGPT. We are working hard to improve and also hope that in another month you will notice a positive change. 

PS: That is a genuine photo of our Melbourne office, and it hasn't ruined anyone's day yet!

Cheers,

Shella