Forum Discussion

5 months ago

First Time to MYOB Uploading XP/Win7 vs 4 Into New MYOB Online

First Time to MYOB Forum.

Preparing to best advise my client who uses old XP/Win7 vs 4 Windows Desktop Version.

Want to EXPORT desktop MYOB data and IMPORT into New MYOB Online

If signing up for MYOB Business Pro, is there support to do this?  Instructions?  Does MYOB have good support team?

Thank you for your input.

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi valleynerd,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum.

I understand that there are scenarios where you might want to upload data from one program to another. While this is technically possible, it's not typically recommended due to the subtle differences in how different programs save data. For instance, AccountRight import files can often contain more information than MYOB Business.

If you still wish to proceed, you might find it helpful to read up on the process of importing data. There are separate articles for AccountRight and Business, and I recommend exploring these resources for a better understanding. You can find detailed guides on importing data, including importing a .CSV file, on our support page here.

Please note that there are specific rules for the data and file format requirements when importing a .CSV file. For instance, row 1 must contain all column headers, even if you don't have data to import for a particular field.

However, if you are migrating the whole file, you can instead put your information here including the serial number of the new MYOB Business subscription. The team will then migrate the whole file to your MYOB Business subscription. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any more help with this.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve