wesleyhillautos
Contributing User
23 days ago
New

Can you disable the warning pop ups in Spend Money

Is there a way you can turn off or disable the warning pop up received when entering into Spend Money that reads "If the cheque you are entering is a payment for a purchase that you have recorded, you should be using "Pay Bills" instead of "Spend Money". For me it is unnecessary and time wasting.

I have been searching for an answer on this and while I did find some posts there has not yet been a solution.

2 Comments

• jenniekWe use Spend Money for small purchases generally for a particular supplier such as paying cash for a freight delivery, or at a grocery store for milk and coffee. While with other purchases where it is a high-volume supplier such as a parts or stock supplier, we enter these as purchases and use pay bills. Both fill a system need for us. But it is annoying to receive this pop-up warning multiple times when making a Spend Money entry. Entering these small spends as a purchase would take more time. It's not about wanting the warning completely removed for everyone, just to have the option to disable it to streamline a more efficient data entry process if you already understand the difference. Like the pop-ups on opening the program where it gives you the option to select 'Got it, don't show me again'.

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

I wouldn't want this removed - as its a valid question and we gets lots of clients who enter spend money instead of pay bills and make a mess. As a rule - we tend to find that for a particular supplier you either use spend money or pay bills - not a mix of both.